We’re always looking for excellent people to join Ruby Rock.
The Paver Operator is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the Asphalt Paver to spread and level hot mix paving material on subgrade of highways and streets with the aid of stakes and level gauges to ensure mix is placed to the proper grade and thickness.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a Paver Operator; and
- Minimum of a valid Class 5 Drivers License with a clean abstract; and
- Completion of the CSTS course required; and
- Current First Aid preferred; and
- Demonstrated ability to use equipment safely, correctly and effectively.
- Practice and encourage safe work behaviours.
- Ability to understand oral and written instructions.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Ability to analyze and problem solve with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to adapt to a flexible work schedule when required.
- Ability to multi-task and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the public, supervisors and coworkers.
- Ability to work cooperatively with the management team and support other departments.
- Must adhere to processes and policies in support of organizational goals, legal duties and legislative requirements.
- Complete duties in accordance with the OHSA and company health and safety regulations, policy and procedures.
- Perform pre/post checks on equipment, minor repairs, cleaning and preventative maintenance such as lubrication and filling tanks.
- Operate two-way radios and other communication equipment.
- Comfortable operating computer controlled equipment.
- Knowledge of asphalt mix applications on variable types of projects which include parking lots, residential subdivisions, collector and arterial roadways and highway projects
- Operate the Paver controls to lower the screed auger, control the hopper, and navigate the direction of the paver.
- Align the paving machine into position when receiving asphalt by dump truck, and maintain constant flow of asphalt into hopper; ease paver forward, safely pushing dump truck along construction surface.
- Observe distribution of paving materials along screed and control the direction of the screed to eliminate voids at curbs and joints.
- Line paver appropriately to the work area, and ensure proper application of the asphalt, smoothing it evenly to the desired height, width, and depth
- Operate other heavy equipment and other construction related duties as required
- Other duties as assigned.
Rate of Pay: $30 – $35
Location: Central Alberta Area
- Overtime pay
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
It is the policy of Ruby Rock Asphalt Works to be an equal opportunity employer and to hire individuals solely on the basis of their qualification and ability to do the job to be filled. At Ruby Rock Asphalt Works, we work hard to ensure that our employees have the environment, tools and training they need to do their work safely and effectively. We work to build a culture across all of our operations that values diversity, is fair and inclusive, and provides opportunity for career fulfillment.
Fax: (403) 945-2680