We’re always looking for excellent people to join Ruby Rock.
Ruby Rock Construction is seeking experienced gravel truck drivers for our 2022 season. We pride ourselves on having a safe and high end gravel fleet of trucks and equipment. We are looking for individuals who share those same values. You must have specific experience driving Truck & Pup, End Dumps, Wagons, or Water Trucks.
- Possess a valid class 1 or class 3 non GDL driver’s license and have a clean driver’s abstract
- Possess a minimum of 2-3 years gravel truck experience
- Be physically capable of lifting and moving items of at least 23 kg (50 lb)
- Be physically capable of walking and standing for extended periods of time on various surfaces that may be uneven or slippery (including working outdoors in inclement weather)
- Be physically capable of reaching (including above your head), bending, climbing, pushing, pulling, twisting, squatting and kneeling
- Possess a valid airbrakes certificate
- Possess Work Place Hazardous Information System (WHMIS) or Global Harmonized System (GHS)
- Detail oriented and organized
- Flexible to work various shifts and weekends
- Knowledge of construction hauling of asphalt or gravel
- Practice and encourage safe work behaviors.
- Ability to understand oral and written instructions.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Ability to use discretion regarding confidential matters.
- Ability to multi-task and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the public, supervisors and coworkers.
- Ability to work cooperatively with the management team and support other departments.
- Adhere to processes and policies in support of organizational goals, legal duties and legislative requirements
- Perform pre and post truck inspections on truck and trailer
- Maintain vehicle cleanliness and perform minor truck maintenance
- Provide feedback to foreman on safety or mechanical problems
- Adhere to driver safe operating procedures and road laws
- Interact and communicate with asphalt plants, trucking and other subcontractors.
- Other duties as assigned
- Provide a safe and clean working environment for all workers on site
- Follow rules, safe work practices and procedures
- Perform job duties in a manner that will not created a hazard to yours or the health and safety of other employees
- Identify and report workplace hazards, accidents and incidents in a timely manner and help to control and eliminate these from occurring in the future
- Wear required PPE including but not limited to hard hats, gloves, reflective vests, hearing and eye protection and protective footwear
- Competitive wage based on skill and experience
- Full benefits
- Commitment to safety
- Overtime Pay
It is the policy of Ruby Rock Asphalt Works to be an equal opportunity employer and to hire individuals solely on the basis of their qualification and ability to do the job to be filled. At Ruby Rock Asphalt Works, we work hard to ensure that our employees have the environment, tools and training they need to do their work safely and effectively. We work to build a culture across all of our operations that values diversity, is fair and inclusive, and provides opportunity for career fulfillment.