We’re always looking for excellent people to join Ruby Rock.
The Equipment Operator is responsible for operating equipment such as, but not limited to, Scraper, Roller, Loader, Grader, Compactor, Bulldozer, Backhoe, Bobcat, Front End Loader, and attachments where applicable, in the road construction industry.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a Heavy Equipment Operator; and
- Minimum of a valid Class 5 Drivers License with a clean abstract; and
- Completion of the CSTS course required; and
- Current First Aid and Ground Disturbance preferred; and
- Demonstrated ability to use equipment safely, correctly and effectively.
- Practice and encourage safe work behaviors.
- Ability to understand oral and written instructions.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Ability to analyse and problem solve with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to adapt to a flexible work schedule when required.
- Ability to multi-task and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the public, supervisors and coworkers.
- Ability to work cooperatively with the management team and support other departments.
- Must adhere to processes and policies in support of organizational goals, legal duties and legislative requirements.
- Complete duties in accordance with the OHSA and company health and safety regulations, policy and procedures.
- Perform pre/post checks on equipment, minor repairs, cleaning and preventative maintenance such as lubrication and filling tanks.
- Operate two-way radios and other communication equipment.
- Comfortable operating computer controlled equipment.
- Proficient with trenching, sub-grade excavating and rolling, stripping, sloping and banking, slope grooming, rough grading, material handling, land clearing, excavation, backfilling, stock piling, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Rate of Pay: $25 – $35
Location: Central Alberta Area
- Overtime pay
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
It is the policy of Ruby Rock Asphalt Works to be an equal opportunity employer and to hire individuals solely on the basis of their qualification and ability to do the job to be filled. At Ruby Rock Asphalt Works, we work hard to ensure that our employees have the environment, tools and training they need to do their work safely and effectively. We work to build a culture across all of our operations that values diversity, is fair and inclusive, and provides opportunity for career fulfillment.
Fax: (403) 945-2680