We’re always looking for excellent people to join Ruby Rock.
Ruby Rock Group of Companies offers complete infrastructure development and road construction services for commercial, municipal and residential clients throughout Central and Southern Alberta.
A Calgary based contractor founded in 1994, we are dedicated to developing a professional, positive and pleasant working relationship with all our clients in order to exceed expectations for complete customer satisfaction. Our commitment to safety is at the forefront of everything we do.
Ruby Rock has an exciting opportunity for a full time Accounts Payable Specialist to join our team.
Reporting to the Controller and working as a key member of the administration and operational team, the accounts payable specialist will be responsible for the day to day processing of vendor invoices and payments as well as employee expenses. They will also provide administrative support to the operational side of the business as well as provide excellent customer service both internally and externally.
- 3+ years experience in an AP position with a strong understanding of the full AP cycle
- Exposure to operational accounting/administration considered an asset
- Previous experience within the construction industry considered an asset
- Computer proficiency using the MS Office Suite (Intermediate in Excel)
- Strong Attention to detail, accuracy, organizational and administrative abilities
- Self –motivated to complete tasks both in a team and individual setting
- Willing to take on additional duties as required
- Ability to take initiative to continuously improve process flows of information and enhance efficiency
- High level of customer service and communication skills
- High level of confidentiality and professionalism
- Create, update, edit and maintain all AP master vendor files
- Review, verify and enter all invoices
- Track and process expense reports and payments
- Process weekly and monthly cheque runs
- Perform monthly statement reconciliation to confirm completeness
- Correspond with external vendors and internal staff to resolve inquiries and/or invoicing or payment discrepancies
- Perform AP month end procedures including report generation and account reconciliation
- Administer and maintain details of all Company credit cards
- Provide general office support as required
Ruby Rock offers a competitive salary and benefit package based on experience.
It is the policy of Ruby Rock Asphalt Works to be an equal opportunity employer and to hire individuals solely on the basis of their qualification and ability to do the job to be filled. At Ruby Rock Asphalt Works, we work hard to ensure that our employees have the environment, tools and training they need to do their work safely and effectively. We work to build a culture across all of our operations that values diversity, is fair and inclusive, and provides opportunity for career fulfillment.